Artisan Power® Battery Tips:
Charge battery for 10-20 hours to before use. Please refer to your user's manual for charging instructions. Rechargeable batteries should be cycled - fully charged and then fully discharged - 2 to 4 times initially to allow them to reach their full capacity. (Note: it is perfectly normal for a battery to become warm to the touch during charging and discharging)
New batteries are hard for your device to charge; they have never been fully charged before. Sometimes your device's charger will stop charging a new battery before it is fully charged. If this happens, simply remove the battery from your device and then re-insert it. The charge cycle should begin again. This may happen several times during your first battery charge. This is perfectly normal.
- To prolong battery life, please either remove the battery when it has been depleted or promptly recharge the battery if possible.
- If the battery will not be used for a month or longer, it is recommended that the battery be removed from the device and stored in a cool, dry, clean place.
- Do not short-circuit. A short-circuit may cause severe damage to the battery.
- Do not drop, strike or otherwise abuse the battery as this may result in the exposure of the cell contents, which are corrosive.
- Do not expose the battery to moisture or rain.
- Exercise Your Battery - Do not leave your battery dormant for long periods of time. We recommend using the battery at least once every two to three weeks. If a battery has not been used for a long period of time, execute the new battery break-in procedure described above.
- Battery charging is more efficient at cooler temperatures. The optimal ambient temperature during charge is 50°F (10°C) to 86°F (30°C). If the ambient temperature rises above 95°F (35°C) the charge efficiency may be significantly reduced, and therefore result in a lower charged battery capacity.
- If a charger is being used, always remember to disconnect the battery from the charger after the specified charge time (approximately 14 hours on a fully discharged battery). Failure to do this may result in a reduction of battery life.
- It is recommended that a battery, which is warm to the touch after charging or discharging, be allowed to cool before use. This will prolong battery life.
- Always charge a battery in a well-ventilated area.
- Always fully charge your battery before its first use. Batteries are shipped partially charged and must be fully charged to achieve the proper runtime.
- New batteries require 5 to 10 charge and discharge cycles before they reach full capacity. Until this ‘burn-in’ period is complete, run times may be less than expected.